Wednesday, December 26, 2007

SCOUT GOES TO RESCUE!

This post is a little belated...Scout, a gorgeous red tick Hound mix, who came to our shelter literally skin and bones has gone to a wonderful rescue! Scout needs a very special home, as he is shy and scared of loud noises - not a hunting dog by any means... Thanks to Bobbie with Silverwalk Hounds Sanctuary, Scout is gaining weight, being socialized with other dogs and humans. He will soon be ready to go to his forever home.
Here is the latest update from Bobbie:

Well, boys and girls, Scout is a GREAT dog! I am eager to see what his weight is now. I believe I am beginning to see some glimmer of muscle. I certainly see it outside - this afternoon he zoomed down the fence line w/a bunch of other dogs, quite meaning to be WITH them. Very energetic, no more tremblings! (well, we still have to work on the car though he rides well once I get him IN the car). He will shy away from a sudden noise but recovers and no longer crouches on the floor. He no longer food guards in his crate - all dogs can walk by him and he won't growl or snap. He does not generalize this to toys, however, of course - I gave him a rope toy and back to square one. I took it away for now and will re-introduce it later again - I didn't like the attached ball - he had that open and in pieces in minutes :). Oh, and he is beginning to have a very nice "sit," both to food and to hand signal/petting as reward.

Thank you Bobbie for giving Scout the chance he deserves!

No comments: